|On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
||Distinguish between different budgeting techniques and show an understanding of the suitability of such techniques in different business environments.
||Demonstrate an understanding of the purpose of standard costing together with an ability to calculate variances including more complex mix and yield variances. They should also be able to establish the causes of variances and identify appropriate remedial action where adverse variances have arisen.
||Discuss the impact of management control systems within an organization and assess the controllability principle and how this will affect those systems.
||Identify costs relevant to the decision making process and apply those to a range of scenarios
||Analyse and appraise the effects of risk and uncertainty in the decision making process.
|Required Book Resources|
- Drury, Colin, Management and Cost Accounting, Latest Ed.
|Recommended Book Resources|
- Lucey, T, Management Accounting, Latest Ed., DP Publications
- Horngren C.T, Cost Accounting :A Managerial Emphasis,, Latest Ed., Prentice Hall
- Harper, W.M, Management Accounting, Latest Ed., Pitman
|Required Article/Paper Resources|
- Relevant articles from Accounting and Financial journals n/a
- Accountancy (UK) Journal ICAEW n/a
- Accountancy Ireland Journal ICAI n/a
- Accountancy Age Journal n/a
- Accountancy Plus Journal ICPAI n/a
- Business and Finance Journal n/a
- Financial Times Newspaper n/a
- Sunday Business Post Newspaper n/a
- ICAI http://www.icai.ie: n/a
- ICAI: IFRS http://www.icai.ie/Members/ifrs.cfm: n/a
- ICAEW http://www.icaew.co.uk/: n/a
- ACCA http://www.accaglobal.com/: n/a
- CIMA http://www.cimaglobal.com/: n/a
- ICPAI http://www.cpaireland.ie/: n/a
- ASB http://www.frc.org.uk/asb/: n/a
- IASB http://www.iasb.org/: n/a
- IASPLUS http://www.iasplus.com/index.htm: n/a