|On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
||Discuss the financial strategy formulation of a business enterprise
||Describe and discuss the role and importance of corporate governance in Irish business.
||Apply and appraise different approaches to the valuation of businesses for merger, takeover or disposal.
||Apply investment appraisal techniques in the context of foreign currencies.
||Explain the importance of portfolio theory in making investment decisions
||Apply and critique the use of Capital Asset Pricing Model in the calculation of company cost of equity and weighted average cost of capital.
||Identify the relevant sources of finance and assess the impact on the capital structure, taking account of the major theories in the area.
||Identify, explain and evaluate corporate finance theories in the context of real-life business issues described in the business press.
|Required Book Resources|
- ACCA Paper 3.7, Strategic Financial Management, (Dec 06 and June07) Ed., BPP Study Text
|Recommended Book Resources|
- Arnold, G.,, Corporate Financial Management, Latest Ed.
- Power, O’Meara, Walsh, Financial Management, 1st Ed.
|Required Article/Paper Resources|
- Financial Times n/a
- Sunday Business Post n/a
- Accountancy (UK) Journal ICAEW n/a
- Accountancy Ireland Journal ICAI n/a
- Accountancy Age Journal n/a
- Accountancy Plus Journal ICPAI n/a
- Business and Finance Journal n/a
- www.infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/tallaght: n/a
- www.accaglobal.com/students/: n/a
- www.cimaglobal.com: n/a
- www.cpaireland.ie: n/a
- www.icai.ie: n/a
- www.icaew.co.uk: n/a
- http://www.businessweek.com/: n/a
- http://www.rte.ie/business/: n/a
- http://news.ft.com/home/europe: n/a
- http://money.cnn.com/markets/news/index.html: n/a
- http://www.smartmoney.com/: n/a