|On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
||Discuss the motives for mergers along with the financing methods, the merger process and regulatory constraints. Describe the benefits and problems for the stakeholders involved.
||Appraise the methods of corporate re-organisations and the alternative methods of financing same. Describe the role played by venture capitalist in such re-organisations.
||Demonstrate an understanding of foreign exchange and interest rate risk and their impact on the management of businesses. Devise hedging strategies to counter such risk and make recommendations on strategy.
||Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of international financial system and its impact on overseas investment decisions; the raising of capital overseas; the management of multinationals.
||Identify and evaluate the capital structure policy of organizations and critique the current theories and real world practices in this area.
||Explain the importance of dividend policy to an organisation and to the capital markets. Comment on the theories that link dividend policy, the financial structure and the cost of capital in an organisation
|Required Book Resources|
- ACCA Paper 3.7, Strategic Financial Management, Dec 06 and June07) Ed., BPP Study Text
|Required Article/Paper Resources|
- Financial Times n/a
- Sunday Business Post n/a
|Recommended Article/Paper Resources|
- Arnold, G., (latest Ed) n/a, Corporate Financial Management Arnold, G., (latest Ed)
- Financial Management n/a, Power, O’Meara, Walsh (1st Ed)
- Accountancy (UK) Journal ICAEW n/a
- Accountancy Ireland Journal ICAI n/a
- Accountancy Age Journal n/a, Accountancy Age Journal
- Accountancy Plus Journal ICPAI n/a
- Business and Finance Journal n/a
- www.accaglobal.com/students/: n/a
- www.cimaglobal.com: n/a
- www.cpaireland.ie: n/a
- www.icai.ie: n/a
- www.icaew.co.uk: n/a
- http://www.businessweek.com/: n/a
- http://www.rte.ie/business/: n/a
- http://news.ft.com/home/europe: n/a
- http://money.cnn.com/markets/news/index.html: n/a
- http://www.smartmoney.com/: n/a